Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 4!

Alright, so I've been at this for (almost) a solid month... yay! Every week it gets a tiny bit easier.

Today I went to Sports Authority and got some proper running gear - running tights, a base layer tee, a hooded outer layer and a headband. I also wore my new running shoes for the first time. I'm not sure if it was the clothes, the shoes, the fact that I finally had a little Smart Tag ID, or some combination of all 3 - but I felt absolutely fantastic on my run tonight.

Realistically it probably had the most to do with my training method. I went to the Winter Warriors kickoff meeting yesterday and they gave us our schedules. Tonight's assignment: warm up by walking for 5 minutes, then do intervals of running 5 minutes followed by walking 1 minute, for 42 minutes - and of course a 5-minute cooldown. I went down to the path by the lake for the first time. It was disconcertingly dark at some points, which admittedly made me a bit nervous - but I LOVED running by the water and seeing how gorgeous the skyline looked all lit up at night. It was absolutely stunning. And the weather? A bit airish, but with my new running gear I didn't even notice.

I am so happy to finally get in a good run outside and can't wait for the first group run this weekend - even though I'm fairly certain I'll be one of the slowest people there...

No comments:

Post a Comment