Monday, October 19, 2009

Beginning of Week 2 and It's a Doozy...

So this is the first day of week 2. Since the weather is gorgeous for a change (62 degrees!!!) I decided to run outside today for the first time since I started training a week ago. I found an iPhone app called RunKeeper that uses the GPS to track your time and distance - how great is that?! (And so much cheaper than buying one of those personal Garmins...)

The run was hard today - 1.75 miles felt much longer, and probably was due to the fact that I had some slight technical difficulties with my new iPhone app. It said I went 1.85 miles averaging 4.51 mph, but I think it was probably closer to 2 miles because it inadvertently paused itself during the run which took me a few minutes to realize. I had to walk at several points - I think I started too fast - how am I supposed to know how fast I'm going until RunKeeper tells me!? I mean, I wasn't sprinting or anything, but I was probably running closer to 6-7 mph for the first 3-4 minutes and then got very winded. My muscles are a little achey/tight already despite stretching afterward - I can tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow which means dance class is going to be tough again. We'll see how it goes. :)

I definitely felt really good when I finished running. I am trying to push myself and take it, quite literally, one block at a time. When I feel really tired, I try to push myself just one more block.

update in a couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment