Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 2 - DONE!

Went for my last run of the week yesterday and was pretty proud of myself. I did a lot better on time (solid 12 minute mile even when I had to stop to walk, which was more often than Thursday's run - probably had something to do with those 3 glasses of wine I had Friday night - ooooops) and did my second run outside. I have to say that I really am so surprised at how much harder it is to run outside! I'm still having trouble pacing myself at the beginning of the outside runs but I guess that will get easier with time.

I also officially signed up for the Winter Warriors training group. Boy, this is going to be an adventure for sure. They ask you all kinds of questions about how long you've been running, how far you run on average, etc. - they're probably going to look at my answers and be like "Is this girl for real?" LOL! The website specifically says that this is for runners of all levels, though - so I think it will be OK, and I really don't care how slow I am as long as I FINISH the race!

I'm in the process of breaking in my new running shoes - I guess you're supposed to wear them around the house and when doing errands for a few days - I'm really hoping I can wear them for a run later this week. We'll see!

2 weeks down... definitely feeling good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment